The annual Updates in Pediatric Gastroenterology highlights scientific advances, controversies and gaps in knowledge in pediatric gastroenterology. The program includes presentations by nationally and internationally recognized experts, followed by question and answer periods. A wide array of scientific topics have been discussed including:
- Medical and surgical management of IBD, including extra-intestinal manifestations, pouchitis, and emerging therapies
- Liver disease including primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Diagnosis and treatment of eosinophilic esophagitis
- New insights in pediatric pancreatic disease
- Updates in celiac disease
- Strategies for pediatric nutrition
- Current understanding and new insights into very early onset IBD
In 2019, the course added a best abstract competition for fellows and residents.
Updates in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition is hosted by the Weill Cornell Medicine Department of Pediatrics.
2020 course information will be available soon.
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology