Here are select presentations given by Department of Pediatrics faculty, residents, fellows and staff over the past several months.
- Dana O'Toole, C Thomas, LM Gerber, Elizabeth Feuille, Edith Schussler, LM Bartinkas and Perdita Permaul presented a poster on "Parent perspectives on food allergy-related bullying/teasing screening practices by allergists and pediatricians" at the Virtual Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, 2/26/21-3/1/21.
- Dr. Jane Chang was a co-presenter for a workshop on "The COVID-19 Pandemic and Adolescent Nutritional Health: "Unmasking" Nutritional Disparities" at the Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine's Annual Meeting (Virtual), 3/12/21.
- Dr. Jacqueline Gofshteyn presented "Biomarkers for Neurotoxicity following CD19 CAR T- cell therapy in Children” at the meeting of the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society in February 2021 and also presented "New clues for juvenile dermatomyositis pathogenesis” at Weill Cornell Medicine's The Jill Roberts Institute for Research in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases in March 2021.
- Dr. Zachary Grinspan was an Invited Speaker on "COVID-19 and Infantile Spasms, the New York City Experience" at the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society Annual Meeting (online) on 2/14/21.
- Dr. Deyin Hsing presented a virtual poster on "Early Loss of Annexin A2 Predicts Organ Dysfunction in Children Post Cardiopulmonary Bypass" at the Society for Critical Care Medicine's 50th Annual Congress, 1/31/21 - 2/12/21.
- Dr. Sotirios Keros presented "Transition to Internship," a virtual course for 4th Year medical students on Financial Literacy/Wellness (3 hours pre-recorded lecture then live Q&A) for Jefferson University Medical School, 3/16/21.
- Dr. Nicole Kucine was an Invited Speaker at the Texas Children’s Weekly Hematology and Coagulation CME conference on "Myeloproliferative Neoplasms in Children – Getting Past the Tip of the Iceberg," 3/3/21.
- Dr. David Lyden was an Invited Speaker on "Tumor exosomesand exomeres promote organotrpic metastatsis and systemic disease" at the virtual Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute, University of California at San Diego, 2/1/21, and served on the conference steering committee. He also was an Invited Speaker on "Tumor exosomesand exomeres promote organotrpic metastatsis and systemic disease" at the AACR Virtual Special Conference: The Evolving Tumor Microenvironment in Cancer Progression, 3/1/21, and an Invited Speaker on "Pre-Metastatic Niche Formation: Exosomes and Exomeres" at the Systemic Effects of Cancer Conference of the Cancer Genome Project on 3/18/21.
- Dr. Irina Matei presented "Oncobacteria: Helliobacter pylori" Systemic Effects of Cancer, a virtual 3-month course.
- Dr. Marianne Nellis gave a virtual oral presentation, "Approach to Bleeding in the Critically Ill Child," at the Society for Critical Care Medicine's 50th Annual Congress on 2/10/21.
- Dr. Chani Traube was an Invited Lecturer on "Psychological Symptoms in the ICU" at the Society of Critical Care Medicine's Annual Congress (virtual), February 4, 2021.
- Dr. Lisa Giulino-Roth served as Moderator of a Scientific Session (Making the Most of MRD) at the American Society for Hematology (ASH)'s December 2020 meeting, presenting an executive overview for the session.
- Dr. Sotirios Keros gave a seminar on Financial Wellness to 4th year medical students at the University of South Dakota in December 2020 and provided a Financial literary podcast to the Emergency Medicine Residents Asociation in January 2021.
- Dr. Madhavi Lakkaraja received an American Society of Hematology (ASH) abstract achievement award in December 2020 for her poster presentation, "Rabbit Anti-Thymocyte Globulin (rATG) in CD34+ Selected Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation and Its Impact on Immune Reconstitution and Outcomes in Children and Adults."
- Dr. Marianne Sharko attended the American Medical Informatics Association 2020 Virtual Annual Symposium where she gave a panel presentation, "Data Sharing does not Equal Knowledge Sharing: Applying a Work Systems Perspective to Improve Communication of Health Data" (co-presenters: Natalie Benda, Meghan Reading Turchioe, Ruth Masterson Creber, Jessica Ancker), and presented a poster, "Numerical Formats to Optimize Comprehension of Medication Instructions: A Systematic Review and Presentation of a Novel Conceptual Model" (co-presenters: Melissa Chan, Eric Wilsterman, Natalie Benda, Lisa Grossman, Jessica Ancker).
- Dr. Matthew Smith-Raska presented "Evidence for Germline Non-Genetic Inheritance of Human Phenotypes and Diseases" at the Virtual Beyond Genes Conference, and also served on the conference steering committee.
- Dr. Timothy Clapper, and Dr. Kevin Ching presented an Invited Workshop (with K. Rajwani) on "The principles of gaming in simulation and its applications" at SIMULCON, an annual Simulation conference hosted in India (virtual for 2020).
- Dr. Elizabeth Fiorino, along with two national colleagues, Alicia Casey and Jennifer Wambach, co-chaired, organized, and ran the American Thoracic Society Children's Interstitial and Diffuse Lung Disease Virtual Special Interest Group meeting in December 2020. The virtual meeting consisted of updates from international pediatric rare lung disease networks, international patient/family advocacy groups, new science that had been selected for presentation at the 2021 American Thoracic Society International Conference, and a keynote address by stem cell researcher Dr. Darrell Kotton. The three-hour program was attended by 350 individuals registered from multiple countries and continents.