We participate in the National Residency Match Program and in the ERAS application system. Only applications submitted through ERAS will be reviewed.
- Our deadline is November 1. All materials should be submitted to ERAS by this date of the year prior to which for you are matching.
- We require a dean's letter from your medical school. We also require three (3) letters of recommendation, one (1) of which must be from a pediatric faculty member. We require a medical school transcript, a CV and a personal statement. We also require that you have the USMLE Step 1 score prior to your match application. We do not have a minimum USMLE score cutoff or requirement. A photograph is requested but not required.
- NYP supports J-1 visas. Please contact our GME (Graduate Medical Education) Housestaff Office at (212) 746-4055.
- U.S. clinical experience is highly desirable, but not required.
- A two-week mandatory orientation begins mid-June for all incoming interns.