The Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Division at Weill Cornell Medicine provides exceptional, state-of-the-art care for children with a wide range of blood disorders and cancers. Each patient’s plan is carefully tailored to his or her needs, with the goal of returning children to lives that are as normal and productive as possible. Our clinical practice is located in a recently renovated space on the sixth floor of the Payson Pavilion at the NewYork-Presbyterian Phyllis and David Komansky Children's Hospital at Weill Cornell Medical Center. Flooded with natural light and decorated with light woods, a cheerful New York City mosaic, and colored glass panels, our outpatient pediatric treatment center is comfortable and welcoming to patients of all ages, and their families.
We are affiliated with top-ranked NewYork-Presbyterian Komansky Children’s Hospital. Children and their families benefit from:
- Our board-certified pediatric specialists, who see patients exclusively in our newly renovated day-hospital facility -- designed with children and adolescents in mind.
- Pediatric to adult transition care. As adolescents transition to the adult practice, our pediatric physicians continue to provide care in collaboration with colleagues trained in internal medicine.
- Emotional/psychological support. Expert and experienced social workers, a child life specialist, and an art therapist are available to help children and their families navigate their medical experience.
- Skilled pediatric nurses, who provide compassionate and expert care in our infusion center and facilitate the administration of medications, blood products, infusions, and chemotherapy in the newly renovated facility.
Services & Programs
- Pediatric and Adolescent Oncology Program
- Pediatric Hemostasis and Thrombosis Program
- Red Cell Disorders Program
- Pediatric Myeloproliferative Neoplasm (MPN) Program
- Platelet Disorders Program