Our Department faculty, residents, fellows, nurses, and other staff are active in presenting their work regionally, nationally and internationally.
2021 PAS Meeting
A number of WCM Pediatrics faculty, fellows, and residents presented their work at this year's virtual Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting. View WCM Pediatrics Abstracts
Other Recent Presentations
- Dr. Thanakorn Jirasevijinda was a presenter at a Roundtable session, "Publishing in Communication: Meet the Editors" at the International Conference on Communication in Healthcare, 4/15/2021.
- Dr. Nicole Kucine was an Invited keynote speaker at the European Association for Haematopathology - Society for Hematopathology (EAHP-SH) Annual Meeting (Virtual), presenting "Diagnosis and Disease Features of Classical Myeloproliferative Neoplasms in Children and Adolescents," 4/28/2021.
National and Regional
- Dr. Karen Acker served as a panelist for Playbill's Centerstage With Healthcare Heroes, a health and wellness series partnership with Weill Cornell Medicine. The session focused on Pediatric Care and was moderated by Tony nominee Rory O' Malley (Hamilton, Book of Mormon), 4/21/2021. Watch video.
- Dr, Ana Maria Rodriguez Barreto (Genetics Fellow PGY-4) gave a platform presentation on "Genotypic Abnormalities in Bloom Syndrome" at the Annual Clinical Genetics Meeting, 4/14/2021. Co-authors included Dr. Chris Cunniff, Nathan A. Ellis, and Maeve Flanagan.
- Dr. Marisa Censani gave Grand Rounds at NYP Brooklyn Methodist on "Obesity in the Child and Adolescent: Guidelines and Challenges," 3/3/2021.
- Dr. Timothy Clapper gave the Keynote Address at the 2nd Annual CUNY-NYSIM Simultation summit on "Exposing and addressing mislearning and proficiency gaps using simulation and gaming," 4/9/2021.
- Dr. Timothy Clapper and Dr. Kevin Ching (along with Dr. Kapil Rajwani) delivered an invited workshop for the NYSIM and the 22 schools that are part of CUNY (CUNY-NYSIM Simulation Summit), 4/9/2021.
- Alexander Finkel, SW presented "Just Because You Carry It Well Doesn’t Mean It’s Not Heavy: How the Implementation of Recurring Wellness Groups Helps to Lighten the Load" at the Association of Pediatric Oncology Social Workers (APOSW) annual conference, 4/14/2021. Ms. Finkel, who is a social worker at NYP/WCM, presented on the wellness sessions she facilitated for the pediatric residents.
- Dr. Duncan Hau presented "Child Survival: A Global Health Challenge" at the NYP Queens Department of Pediatrics Grand Rounds, 4/22/2021.
- Dr. Rachel Kowalsky gave Emergency Grand Rounds at Louisiana State University Medical School on "Narrative Medicine: Where Medicine and Story Meet," 4/7/2021. Dr. Kowalsky also presented "Our Break Room: Reading and Writing our Way to Wellness" to the WCM Department of Anesthesia Wellness Series, 4/1/2021.
- Dr. Jennifer Levine served as a panelist at A 20/20 View of Genetics & Genomics: Bridging Personalized Medicine & the Role of the Social Worker hosted by the Association of Pediatric Oncology Social Workers (APOSW), 4/14/2021.
- Dr. Elizabeth Poole-Di Salvo served as a panelist at the 2021 NYP Autism Awareness Virtual Community Outreach Fair for "Transition During the Early Years," 4/26/2021.